Heaven & Earth Incorporated is dedicated to increasing performance, health and well-being in complex systems.
Through an extensive network of colleagues, we focus on supporting:
- Cross-sector collaboratives with the goal of addressing specific community issues in the realms of health and/or sustainability
- Corporations in their quest to improve their own performance and be good global citizens by increasing well-being and sustainability
- NGOs and others with missions of community service
- Any group or organization interested in improving the quality of their thought
We provide a variety of services including:
- consultation on strategies to build cross organizational alliances
- workshops to develop and strengthen specific team and leadership capabilities
- design and facilitation of “whole system” gatherings
- design and facilitation of communities of practice
- research on key learnings and insights from past initiatives, and critical assumptions about how to be successful going forward
- coaching and development of systems change agents and facilitators
- talks at meetings and conferences to share key concepts and provoke conversation
We are guided by three key ideas:
- Human beings are where heaven and earth meet – on an everyday basis this means that we are at our best when we are able to hold our aspirations, hopes and dreams in tension with the realities of our world.
- There’s a difference between intelligence and wisdom, and we need both. We are referring to intelligence as a function of the mind – it includes a deep understanding of the systems that surround and include us, and how we work with these forces. Wisdom on the other hand speaks to our heart/soul level connection with the known and unknown that results in patience, compassion, courage as a function of our values and our commitment to be of service.
- Humans are fundamentally social beings and interdependent – we think, learn and act best together.